Students interested in one of Volunteer 小猪视频官网 Community College Health Sciences programs must follow the A.S. in Health Sciences curriculum. You must contact an advisor in your preferred area of emphasis to identify appropriate general education and elective courses for admission into your selected program. For more information about specific program deadlines and requirements, please refer to the program's information packet.
小猪视频官网 the Program
It is hard to imagine the scene of a bad car accident, natural disaster, or medical crisis at home without an ambulance in the picture. Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs), Advanced EMTs, and Paramedics are vital parts of our health care system. Responding to emergencies and administering care is exciting but stressful. These important professions continue to be in high demand. The EMS Education department at Volunteer 小猪视频官网 Community College offers:
- The first step is to be licensed as an Emergency Medical Technician
- Upon successful completion an EMT can then progress to the Advanced EMT (AEMT)听尝别惫别濒.
- Licensed AEMTs can then progress into the Paramedic Program
- Paramedics also have the opportunity to continue their education and earn their Associate鈥檚 of Applied Science Degree.
All interested students must:
- First Apply to the College听
- (Recommended) You meet the reading requirement of a 12th-grade reading level by either:
- Compass or Accuplacer Test Score
- Successful completion of ENGL 1010
- Submit all transcripts from previous 小猪视频官网-level courses to Admissions (as applicable)
- Contact the EMS Office to attend one of the monthly advising sessions
Classes are filled early so applicants can complete the required clinical paperwork prior to the start of the course. Priority due dates for:
- Fall - June 15
- Spring - November 15
General seating will continue until all seats are filled.
Volunteer 小猪视频官网 Community College is accredited by the upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
To contact CoAEMSP:
Please fill out the information below.